3rd International Conference on Tomography of Materials and Structures
Lund, Sweden, 26th – 30th June 2017
ICTMS 2017 is the 3rd biannual conference of IntACT (International Association of Computed Tomography) and is focussed on the use of 3D tomographic methods for (non-clinical) studies of the internal structures of materials and their evolution.
ICTMS 2017 will bring together an international group of scientists, from universities, research organisations and industry, to discuss a broad range of issues related to the use of 3D tomographic imaging in materials and structures.
The main focus of this conference will be recent advances in the following areas:
- Tomography acquisition hardware, software and associated experimental set-ups.
- In-situ and in-operandi experiments
- "Standard" and novel modalities of tomographic imaging for material analysis (using diffraction, refraction, absorption... of x-rays, neutrons, electrons...)
- Tomographic reconstruction techniques
- 3D and 4D image analysis to extract pertinent information on internal structures and their evolution
- Case studies including applications to further the understanding of materials, structures and processes.
Presentations will be made within 2 parallel oral sessions over 4 days and posters displayed through the conference and with a dedicated poster session.
In keeping with the origins of the conference (see "about") there will dedicated sessions on the application of tomography to "geo" applications (geotechnical engineering, geomechanics, soil mechanics and rock mechanics) in addition to other material/domain-specific sessions.